Meeting Minutes | MG Classics of Jacksonville
September 25, 2021
Meeting Convened: 10am
Total Attendance: 16
Number of MGs: 10 plus 1 Triumph Bike
New Members Present: Chris & Alice Derreberry
Returning Members: None
Location: Due to an internal miscommunication in Ring Power we were informed a few days before the meeting that they had to withdraw our approval to meet at Trout Creek as they had double booked the date. Our Events Co-ordinator, john Galeani scrambled and found the substitute location at Marjenhoff Park. Excellent work John!
The President welcomed Chris & Alice Derreberry with their White 1972 MGB to their first Club meeting.
1. Information Update: Go to the MG Classics of Jacksonville Website Events Calendar and the Newsletter for current information updates. Name Badges, Club Patches*, and Club Car Badges may be purchased via the Website using your PayPal account, Credit Card, or a Personal Check. Note: We are unable to ship items so they must be picked up at a Club meeting or event. New members are entitled to two free club patches with their membership.
2. Resource Directory: The Club Resource Directory continues to grow and should be reviewed when looking for assistance in keeping your MG on the road, reliable, and safe.
1. Membership Statistics: Three new memberships were added to our Roster during September: Robert and Lisa Yund ('55 MGTF 1500), David and Debby Crowe ('76 Midget), and Eric and Bridget Leirvik ('76 TR6).
2. Storage Unit: The issue of te Club Storage Unit was discussed at the last meeting and the annual fee of $700 to maintain the Unit. The Unit has been audited and it was felt that the rental should be terminated. The Club Board will be polled to determine their views on termination prior to taking action. The contents will be inventoried and alternative homes will be found to house the contents. The Inventory will be posted along with specific item locations on the website for future reference.
3. The Election Process: The election process to elect Club Officers for 2022 commences in the month of October with the identification of Nominees. The four Club Officer positions open for consideration are: The President; Vice President; Secretary, and Treasurer. Please seriously consider running for office in 2022. Nominations are required to be posted at the October Meeting with voting taking place at the November meeting. We are looking for 'new blood' to join the Team of Officers handling the day-to-day running of the Club. If you wish to join the slate of candidates please contact the Vice President at: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'. Include you name, eMail Address, phone number, and the position you are interested in.
4. Christmas Party, The President noted there are no plans for a 2021 Club Christmas Party to date. He appealed to members to suggest potential venues for a Christmas event. Please notify the President if you wish to make a suggestion about a potential venue. However, when considering a potential venue please consider that the current surge in COVID infections is unlikely to have abated by December.
5. MGs & Items for Sale: Bruce Sedelmeyer reminded the group that he still has an unused two post car lift for sale at a deep discount. Interested, call Bruce.
6. Cruise-ins, Shows, and Gatherings
a) 10/02/2021: Cruisin’ the Creek, Trout Creek Memorial Park. The Club has pre-registered ten MGs to reserve parking for Club members with their MG. If you wish to attend and park with our Club Group you must register via the Club Website. This is a Charity event for the Robin McDonald House of Jacksonville.
b) 10/09/2021: Caffeine and Octane at the Avenues Mall, 2nd Saturday each month.
c) 10/16/2021: British Car Classic XXXII. Hosted by the Triumph Club at the Kings Head British Pub St Augustine. A 'Must Attend' show for all British Car Owners in the north-east Florida Catchment area (For Registration see the Events Calendar on the Website)
d) 10/17/2021: Cars and Coffee Fleming Island, 3rd Sunday each month.
e) 10/19/2021: Jax Beach Classic Car Cruise, 3rd Tuesday each month.
f) 11/19-11/21/2021: MG Jamboree 22, Safety Harbor, Florida. Hosted by the Suncoast MG Car Club.
g) 04/22-04/24/2022: GOF-South 2022 Host hotel, the Mission Inn Resort, Howey in the Hills, FL. Still waiting for registration form to be posted but seriously recommend reserving your hotel ASAP. You can access the GOF-South website to contact the Mission Inn. They are holding around 75-80 rooms for the event. The Orlando club had over one-hundred registrations for the 2020 GOF at this same venue. Don't delay or you run the risk of having to stay at a satellite hotel away from the action. Go To the GOF-South website at:
7. Club Fall Drive & Picnic: Richard Gross proposed that the Club organize a Fall Drive and Picnic. Suggested Destination, the Ravines Gardens State Park in Palatka, and suggested date Saturday, November 6 2021. Richard will organize!
8. Club Newsletter, Our Newsletter Editor, Fred Groenert, is always looking for stories, articles, tech tips, etc. for our monthly Newsletter. If you have any articles of interest please contact Fred.
9. Raffle & 50/50:
50/50 Drawing: Fred Woller was the winner of the 50/50 cash pot. He donated the winnings to the Club.
Part at Cost: Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be used within 30 days. Good for One item only. Winner - Michael Borns.**
Jim Bak Memorabilia: Three items from ex-Club President Jim Bak MG memorabilia donation were also raffled.
** Note: Due to a Change in Florida Tax Law, Purchase Tax must be paid on all items shipped into Florida. This impacts all purchases from out-of State MG parts vendors, including those purchased via the Club's MOSS distributor! After Neil and Wayne's Distributor discounts to Club members the Tax hit is marginally less painful.
Date: Saturday, October 30, 2021:
Trout Creek Memorial Park and Marina, St. Augustine
10am until Noon
Meeting adjourned at Noon although groups hung around kicking tires and talking MG and Club Stuff.
Sybil Bradley Bruce Sedelmeyer