Meeting Minutes | MG Classics of Jacksonville
Meeting October 31, 2020
Meeting Convened: 10am
Total Attendance: 32
Number of MGs: 14
New Members: Marisol Grajales & Hobie Mitchel
Returning Members: Eric Emerson, Rick Marquis
Guests: Bill Easter
Location: The October Club meeting was held at Trout Creek Marina in the open air on Saturday, October 31, 2020. The open air meeting was held to mitigate the potential to transmit the COVID virus.
1. Information Update: Please go to the MG Classics Website Calendar and Newsletter for current update of events that have not been canceled. Name badges are available for ordering ordering from the website and other Club Regalia, including Club patches and Club car badges. Regalia items may be paid for with PayPal, Credit Card, or check (check must cleared before order is processed). NOTE: We are unable to mail items, they must be picked up at a club meeting or event. *New members are entitled to 2 Free Club patches with their new membership.
2. COVID 19: We are still in the grips of the pandemic, that has changed how we do everything. On the bright side, it is heartening to see members getting their MGs' out and being able to do things differently and safely! Many of our normal shows and gatherings have been cancelled, at least for this year. The MG Classics Board voted to cancel next year’s 2021 GOF-South that we were hosting. Please check the Website Calendar for up to date information.
3. Change in Membership Rules: At the September Club Meeting Ian Massey put forward a Motion to officially allow new members who join in the fourth quarter to include the following year’s membership, up to a total of 15 months, for the price of one year’s dues. Thereafter to revert to the Jan 1 to Dec 31 cycle. The Motion was seconded by Len Geiger. Motion passed unanimously. If you know of any MG Owners thinking of joining, now is the time to get the best deal.
4. NAMGAR/NAMGBR: We have procured the Trout Creek Marina for our Club meetings through to April 2021 and have received an Insurance Certificate for the same time period through our NAMGBR membership. I would ask all MGB owners to please consider joining NAMGBR. The insurance alone makes it worthwhile to our Club, saving $1500 per year by not having to purchase private insurance.
1. Officer Nominations for 2021: The 2021 candidates for MG Classics of Jacksonville Officer positions will be voted on at the Annual General Meeting November 28, 2020. Additional nominations were requested but none were proposed. Nominations from the Floor will be accepted at the November Club meeting.
Current Nominations are:
For President: Bruce Sedelmeyer: 3rd term exception due to COVID.
For Vice-President: Mark Spaulding: New Officer Nomination.
For Treasurer: Mike Hogan: No Term Limit for Treasurer.
For Secretary: Sybil Bradley: 3rd term exception due to COVID.
2. Show Drive Opportunities:
(a) Clay County Cruzers are putting on the 13th Annual Back to the 50’s Car Show on November 14, 2020 at the Town Hall Events Center, 2300 Market Dr., Fleming Island. There is a group from MG Classics signed up for this event. Please check the Website Calendar for more information. You do not have to have a car from the ‘50’s; anything with an antique Tag will be accepted. Vanessa Albright is co-ordinating our Club MGs' entries so that they can be parked together on the Show Field. Another Shoutout will be sent out to members this week advertising the event.
(b) Military Vehicle Preservation Society: The Military Vehicle Preservation Society has changed the day of its Fall Show and Swap Meet to Feb 19-21, 2021. The venue is Reynolds Industrial Park, US 16 at Bunker Ave, Green Cove Springs, FL. Entry is free!! Come see tanks firing, buy a helicopter ride in a Viet Nam era Huey, and meander around many restored military vehicles. Not recommended for very small children or pets due to loud weapons noise. Bring hearing protection!
(c) Ponte Vedra Auto Show: The Ponte Vedra Auto Show is being held November 15, 2020. See the Website Calendar for details and registration.
(d) Cars and Coffee at St. Augustine: A small group of members attended the Cars and Coffee St Augustine at the Classic Car Museum. This is turning into a nice event although to get a good parking spot it is necessary to arrive by 7-7:15am. However, the date of the November C&C at St. Augustine conflicts with our Annual General Meeting.
(e) Cars and Coffee at Amelia Concours: Cars&Coffee at Amelia Concours appears to be full. There are a number of our members accepted to display at the show and a number on a waiting list.
(f) MG International 2021: The North American Council of MG Registers has scheduled 'MG international 2021' to be held June 14-17th in Atlantic City, NJ. This is a huge event that usually draws up to a 1000 MGs. Mark Spaulding and Richard Gross have both been before and Mark has agreed to help plan a caravan to this event.
3. GOF-South: The Orlando Classic MG Club will be hosting the next GOF-South in 2022. MG Classics is in line to host the GOF-South in 2023. Here’s hoping a reliable COVID vaccine has been found and distributed by that time!
4. Tax Registration: The President will meet with Mike Kasmierski on November 2 to discuss our tax status and check up on our friend and past President. Look for information in the November newsletter.
5. Officer Elections: November 28th has been set for our Annual General Meeting at which our 2021 Officer elections will take place. Please attend to take part in the process and exercise your Vote.
6. Officer Induction/Christmas Party: We have traditionally had a Club Officer Installment Ceremony at our Annual Christmas Party. Richard Gross proposed a Motion to hold a Christmas Party at Trout Creek in early December. The Motion was Seconded by the President and passed by a significant majority. Richard will start the planning process.
7. 50/50 and Raffle Results:
50/50 Drawing winner - New member Marisol Grajales won $42.00. Congratulations Marisol.
Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be used with-in 30 days. Good for One item only. Winner - Jim Ranieri. Congratulations Jim, make it an expensive part for your new Project Car.
Next Meeting: MG Classics Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Club Meeting will be held November 28th, 2020, at 10am: Location will be Trout Creek Marina/Fish Camp.
Meeting adjourned at 11.50am.
Sybil Bradley Bruce Sedelmeyer