Life is Too Short to Drive a Boring Car:
MGs' Are More Fun!
This Website has been Optimized to be viewed on a Smart Phone with no Horizontal Scrolling required. Try it and see!
Menu Help: Click Here
Meeting Minutes | MG Classics of Jacksonville
October 30, 2021
Meeting Convened: 10am
Total Attendance: 32
Number of MGs: 18
New Members Present: Tony Kimball
Returning Members: Steve Butler
Guests: Bill Easter, Henry Galeani
Location: The Meeting was held at Trout Creek Memorial Park and Marina in order to mitigate the potential for COVID Virus transmission. The weather started out cool with a perfect cloudless Sky. This encouraged Eighteen MG Owners to bring out their MG for the drive and display at the Park and Thirty-two Members and their Guests to attend the Meeting. A record for the number of MGs attending a Club Meeting in recent memory. We held our own 'mini' MG Show. As the Meeting progressed the display attracted numerous spectators driving by admiring our MGs.
The President welcomed Tony Kimball with his White 1960 MGA to his first Club meeting. Three MGA's were present in the Lineup. He also mentioned Dale Isenhoff and Henry and Hellen Hirschman. The President forgot his notes for the meeting but did an excellent job ad-libbing his way through the meeting.
1. Information Update: Go to the MG Classics of Jacksonville Website Events Calendar and the Newsletter for current information updates. Name Badges, Club Patches*, and Club Car Badges may be purchased via the Website using your PayPal account, Credit Card, or a Personal Check. Note: We are unable to ship items so they must be picked up at a Club meeting or event. New members are entitled to two free club patches with their membership. Tony Kimball picked up his two free Patches.
2. Resource Directory: The Club Resource Directory continues to grow and should be reviewed when looking for assistance in keeping your MG on the road, reliable, and safe. We have investigated some Body Shops and hope to report on them soon; a much needed resource for those of us that can’t afford a show quality paint job.
1. Membership Statistics: Three new memberships were added to our Roster during October: Ralph and Tiffany Miller and their ’70 MG Midget, Daniel and Carissa Meeks and their ’64 MGB, and Eric and Bridget Leirvik and their ’76 TR-6. Welcome! Sadly we lost Tom Kobrick who passed away during the month. We will miss him and his beautiful 1955 MGTF.
2. Elections: As stated at the last meeting and again in the 'Prez Sez' monthly letter, the October meeting is when nominations are put forward for the next years Club Officers. To date three members who have stepped forward. The three nominations are Mark Spaulding for the office of President, Len Geiger for the office of Vice President, and Ron Pallonari for the office of Treasurer. Thank you gentlemen for your willingness to serve.
During the November meeting, members present will put the nominations to a vote and then during the Christmas Party the winners will be duly inaugurated and given the “shaft”!
3. Christmas Party: We have a date for your very busy social calendars. The Party will be held at Trout Creek Memorial Park on December 11th, at Noon to 3:00 pm. There will be a best decorated car award, raffle prizes, and we might even be able to persuade the new incoming officers to sing carols for us!
The meal will be a tasty box lunch supplied by the same caterer as last year. We are still waiting on the pricing so the Board can approve Club financial participation as we did last year. There will also be an assortment of soft drinks and water. Any other Christmas “Cheer” must be individually supplied and is not endorsed by MG Classics! Please no drinking (alcohol) and driving. Many thanks to Vanessa Albright for securing and working with the caterer.
Individuals or businesses that wish to donate Raffle Items in lieu of a gift exchange. will be appreciated. We had quite a few donated last year which was great fun.
4. Storage Facility: At the last meeting it was reported that the Board had agreed to stop our storage unit rental. This has been done. At the present time Jim Hall has some items stored in his shop, Neil Nelson has some stored in his shop, and the President has some stored in his garage. An inventory list which will be posted on the website in under development. We are now saving approx. $59 a month! Which works out to $700 yearly.
5. Cruise-ins, Shows and Gatherings:
Recent Past Shows:
i) Brits in the Valley: Ian Massey gave an Overview of Brits in the Valley Show in Columbus GA, September 23-25th. Ian & Paula Massey and Mike Hogan attended the event in their respective MGBs
ii) Annual Brit. Fest: Mark Spaulding gave an overview of the Annual Brit. Fest held in Myrtle Beach SC, October 2. Mark attended the event.
iii) Cruisin' to the Creek: Bruce gave an overview of Cruisin' to the Creek, October 2. MG Classics fielded Fifteen MGs.
Lily Kinmonth, who was apart of the Organizing Committee indicated that the event raised $13,000 for the Ronald McDonald House in Jacksonville. This First Coast Council Show has raised in excess of $500,000 for the Ronald McDonald House over the years.
iv) British Car Classics: The British Car Classic at the King's Head Pub, hosted by TCNF, was a great Success. Richard Gross noted that the 2023 British Classic is to be hosted by MG Classics of Jacksonville. Sybil Bradley has volunteered to be the Chair for the event, and is looking for volunteers to assist in the event's organization.
Upcoming Events: More Details of these events can be Reviewed by going to the MG Classics Event Calendar on the Club Website. See link to the Calendar on the Website Home Page.
i) November 6, 2021. MG Classics Club Drive to Ravines Garden State Park in Palatka Nov, 6th, 9am – 2pm
Richard Gross is the organizer. Richard Gross provided the Group with an update.
ii) November 13, 2021. Caffeine and Octane: Every Second Saturday each month.
iii) November 13, 2021. Update meeting for GOF-South 2022 in Apopka, FL. Hopefully we will get registrations started following this Meeting.
iv) November 13, 2021. Back to the 50’s car show. Clay County Cruzers @ Moosehaven
v) November 14, 2021. Ponte Vedre Car Show. Nov. 14th 9am-3pm. Mark Spaulding is going.
vi) November, 16, 2021 - 5pm to 7.30pmJax Beach Classic Car Cruz: Very third Tuesday each month.
vii) November, 19-21, 2021 MG Jamboree ’22. Safety Harbor Nov. 19th-21st Ian & Paula Massey and Richard & Kathy Gross are going to attend in their respective MGB's
viii) GOF-South 2022. GOF-South 2022 will be held at the Mission Inn Resort, Howey in the Hills, FL. We are Still waiting for registration form completion but recommend reserving your hotel ASAP. You can access the GOF-South 2022 website at https://www.gofsouth.org to contact the hotel. They are only holding around 75-80 rooms for the event and The Orlando club had over 100 registrations for the 2020 GOF-South at this same venue. Don't delay or you run the risk of having to stay at another local hotel.
6. British Car Classic XXXIII. MG Classics of Jacksonville will be hosting the BCC in October 2022. We are pleased to announce that Sybil Bradley will be Chair Person for this event. Bruce Sedelmeyer has volunteered to assist as has Richard Gross. This is a great start to have volunteers in place this early. However, Sybil will need a lot of volunteers to make it a success. Please consider stepping forward as a volunteer to help with the planning and administration of the Event.
7. Club Newsletter, Our Newsletter Editor, Fred Groenert, is always looking for stories, articles, tech tips, etc. for our monthly Newsletter. If you have any articles of interest please contact Fred.
8. Raffle & 50/50:
50/50 Drawing: Richard Gross was the winner of the 50/50 cash pot. He will donated the winnings to the the Local Food Bank.
Part at Cost: Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be used within 30 days. Good for One item only. Winner - Michael Borns.**. Michael had no parts requirement so donated the win to Richard
** Note: Due to a Change in Florida Tax Law, Purchase Tax must be paid on all items shipped into Florida. This impacts all purchases from out-of State MG parts vendors, including those purchased via the Club's MOSS distributor! After Neil and Wayne's Distributor discounts to Club members the Tax hit is marginally less painful.
MG Classics of Jacksonville's Annual General Meeting
Date: Saturday, November 27, 2021:
Trout Creek Memorial Park and Marina, St. Augustine
11am until 1.30pm
Meeting adjourned at Noon although groups hung around kicking tires and talking MG and Club Stuff.
Sybil Bradley Bruce Sedelmeyer
A Small Section of the 18 MG Lineup