Meeting Minutes | MG Classics of Jacksonville
March 26, 2022
Meeting Convened: 10am
Total Attendance: 23
Number of MGs: 15
New Members Present: Mark Ferris
Returning Members: None
Location: The Meeting was held at Trout Creek Memorial Park and Marina to mitigate the potential for COVID Virus transmission. The early start of 10am was set to allow members wishing to go to the Military Vehicle Display in Green Cove Springs as opportunity to leave at 12 Noon to hop over to Green Cove Springs six miles from Trout Creek.
1. Information Update: Go to the MG Classics of Jacksonville Website Events Calendar and the Newsletter for current information updates. Name Badges, Club Patches*, and Club Car Badges may be purchased via the Website using your PayPal account, Credit Card, or a Personal Check. Note: We are unable to ship items so they must be picked up at a Club meeting or event. *New members are entitled to two free club patches with their membership.
2. Resource Directory: The Club Resource Directory continues to grow and should be reviewed when looking for assistance in keeping your MG on the road, reliable, and safe. Please use the Directory as it is available on the Website and there is no requirement to Login. Mark made reference to Rimmer Bros. located in the England as a viable source of 'hard to find' MG parts.
1. Car of the Month: The President started with announcing a new tradition announcing a 'MG of the Month' each month. Oscar Petree's 1953 TD was featured for March and was given a up Center parking spot and a free raffle ticket.
2. Changes at Trout Creek: The Pavilion Roof has been removed although the Concrete Base remains in place. Due to this change at Trout Creek a decision was made to investigate another location for future meetings. After discussion it was decided that Mike Hogan will investigate the use of the Club House in Bannon Lakes Development as a potential alternative. Mike agreed to investigate the Bannon Lakes option. Currently it is intended to continue with the April Club meeting at Trout Creek and change to Bannon Lakes for the May Meeting if the Bannon Lakes facility is available.
3. British Classic Car Show: The Club is hosting the local Annual British Classic Car Show. Sybil Bradley is the Chair of the Planning Committee with ex-President Bruce Sedelmeyer her Vice Chair. The Location will be the King's Head British Pub in St. Augustine to be held on Saturday, October 22, 2022. There will be a call for Volunteers to help with the planning and execution of the Event.
4. GOF-South 2023: The Club is hosting GOF-South 2023. After a comprehensive review of a number of potential sites it is recommended that the Best Western Grand Hotel in Gainesville will be the optimum Host Hotel in both Facilities and Cost. Richard Gross is the GOF Chairman for the event. Planning and Execution of the GOF is a Major undertaking and will require a number fo Volunteers to help undertake the project. The location is the Best Western Grand Hotel in Gainesville and the dates: April 21 > 24, 2023.
5. Drives and Shows Reports:
a) (04/02/22) The 37th All British Car Show in Sanford Florida. This is an excellent Show at Henry's Depot in Sanford. See the Website Calendar for details. We are looking to have a good showing of Club MGs.
(b) (04/09/22) The Club Spring Tech Session to be held at the Workshop facilities of Mark and Vanessa Albright. See the Club Website for Details and Registration. Bring a Folding Chair and a packed lunch for you and any guests you wish to bring.
(c) (04/16/22) FCCC Crusin' to the Creek Car Show at Trout Creek Memorial Park and Marina: See the Club Website Events Calendar for Details.
(d) (04/22 > 24/22): GOF-South 2022 at the Mission Inn Resort & Club, Howey in the Hills, FL. Go to the Club Website for details and Registration Details.
(e) (05/01/22) Revolution Rallye to visit local Civil War Sites, Quiz, and Lunch: Details on the Website Calendar.
(f) (05/14/22) Brits at the Avenues: MG Special Event at Caffeine and Octane: Go to the Club Website for details.
(g) (06/19 > 23/22) MG International 2022: To be held in Peterborough Ontario: See the Website Calendar for details.
(k) (09/15 > 09/18/2022) Southeast British Car Festival in Dillard, GA. See the Website Events Calendar for Details.
6. Club Newsletter, Our Newsletter Editor, Fred Groenert, is always looking for stories, articles, tech tips, etc. for our monthly Newsletter. If you have any articles of interest please contact Fred.
7. Raffle & 50/50:
50/50 Drawing: Paula Ashcroft was the winner of the 50/50 with a Pot of $42 and donated her $42 back to the Club making a $84 contribution to the Club Treasury.
Part at Cost: Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be used within 30 days. Good for One item only. Winner - ????
8. Date of the Next Meeting:
MG Classics of Jacksonville's April Club Meeting
Date: Saturday, April 30, 2022:
Trout Creek Memorial Park and Marina, St. Augustine
10 am until 12 pm
The Meeting adjourned at 11.46am although groups hung around kicking tires and talking MG and Club Stuff.
James Ranieri Mark Spaulding