Life is Too Short to Drive a Boring Car:
MGs' Are More Fun!
This Website has been Optimized to be viewed on a Smart Phone with no Horizontal Scrolling required. Try it and see!
Menu Help: Click Here
Meeting Minutes | MG Classics of Jacksonville
March 27, 2021
Meeting Convened: 11am
Total Attendance: 28
Number of MGs: 12
Returning Members: Glen and Jill Moore
Location: The March Club meeting was held at Trout Creek Memorial Park & Marina in the open air on Saturday, March 27, 2021. The open air meeting was held to mitigate the potential to transmit the COVID virus.
The weather started misty but soon blossomed into a warm day. We kept cool in the shade in the Pavilion with a gentle breeze flowing through the open sides.
Commiserations to Dave Burrows and Nancy York. During the first outing in their recently acquired 1952 MGTD the adjustable Clutch Link snapped in two at the adjustment thread. Fortunately it happened as they were parking at the meeting location. A phone call to Hagerty and a Flat Bed truck arrived as the meeting ended and the TD had a ride home on the truck.
1. State Tax Filing Status: The President has not been able to meet with past President Mike Kazmierski to identify our State Tax Exempt status. However, he will continue to pursue Mike to review the status of the filing. Bill Talley offered to contact a CPA who may be able to help expedite the filing.
2. Information Update: Go to the MG Classics of Jacksonville Website Events Calendar and the Newsletter for current information updates. Name Badges, Club Patches*, and Club Car Badges may be purchased via the Website using your PayPal account, Credit Card, or a Personal Check. Note: We are unable to ship items so they must be picked up at a Club meeting or event.* New members are entitled to 2 free club patches with their membership.
3. Resource Directory: During the February meeting the President pleaded for contact information regarding organizations and people who may be used for repair, restore, and help members keep our MGs on the road in order to post a Resource Directory on the Club's Website. Begging, groveling, and pleading did bring about some results! We now have a reasonable start with a Directory of Resources listing contacts for repairs, restorations and assistance. MG Classics is not making promises of low prices, warranty, or technical expertise on behalf of the listed businesses. The list provides a starting point for Members to pursue obtaining repairs and service for their MG’s. It is the responsibility of each Member to contact and agree terms with a listed vendor. Please help us add more options to the list based on your experience.
1. MOTION to Change the Club By-Laws : Article V, Section VII: A Motion was raised from the Floor by Richard Gross and Seconded by Dave Burrows to amend Article V, Section VII of the Club Bylaws. Article V, Section VII limits Club Meetings to be held on the Last Monday evening of each month. Due to the COVID Pandemic we have deviated from the Monday evening practice. Whereas Article V, Section VII provides for the President to call a Meeting at another time providing sufficient notice is given. We have used this option to hold our Saturday Outdoor meetings for the last twelve months. It was proposed to eliminate the 'Last Monday' constraint to provide more flexibility to the dates and times of Club Meetings. This does not imply that the new dates will always be the last Saturday of the month but may be any date or time as defined by the members, and providing sufficient notice is given to all Members to attend if they so desire. The Motion was passed unanimously to update Article V, Section VII .
1b. In line with the By-Laws, the precise wording of the change will be developed and put to the full Membership who are eligible to vote for consideration of adoption. Voting will be conducted by a Digital Poll.
1c. Please Contact Us if you identify a Venue where we may hold Club Meetings as a part of the balance of our 2021 Event Program.
1d. MOTION to Update our Meeting Insurance: Our Certificate of Insurance lodged with Ring Power, as a part of our Property Usage Agreement to use Trout Creek Memorial Park and Marina for meetings, expires on May 5, 2021. A Motion was raised by Ian Massey and seconded by Bruce Sedelmeyer to renew this CoI for a further six months. This will allow Trout Creek to be used as a meeting location should the membership desire. This does not imply that Trout Creek will be exclusively used for future meetings but will be available as a venue option.
2. 2020 GOF-South: Planning Committee Member Glen Moore informed the Meeting that planning is going ahead to confirm details of the next GOF-South Scheduled for 2022. The plan is to replicate the 2020 GOF-South plan that was canceled due to the COVID Pandemic. The location is the Mission Inn Resort & Club at Howey in the Hills, FL 34737. Details will be posted as they become available.
3. MG International 2021: Two MGs are scheduled to attend. Any additional Members wishing to attend please contact the Club's Vice President, Mark Spaulding.
4. 36th Annual All British Car Show: The 36th All British Car Show is Scheduled for Saturday, April 10, 2021. This is a Highly Recommended Show. The show is regularly attended by up to 200 hundred British Cars. There is a location change for the 2021 event which will now be held at Henry's Depot, Sanford, FL 32771. A number of attendees showed interest in the event and a Shoutout will be sent to all Members to solicit support.
5. Cars & Coffee at Amelia Concours: Ten members have been accepted to attend with their MGs. Details of the Assembly Points to Convoy onto the Show Field will be distributed before the next meeting. If your MG is not registered then attend as a spectator to see the spectacular collection of cars.
6. FCCC Cruisin' to the Creek Car Show: The Club may reserve parking spots so all participating members from MG Classics of Jax can park together at the Show. By paying for a block of at least ten spots in advance we can reserve group parking on the Show Field. It was agreed that the Club will purchase ten spots and the participants refund the Club with their entry fee.
7. Club Business Cards: Our current business cards are out of date. A request was made by a number of Members for new Business Cards to assist in recruiting new members. New Cards will be printed and made available.
8. Raffle & 50/50:
50/50 Drawing: Richard Gross. was the winner of the 50/50 and and donated his $55 winnings to his local Food Bank.
Part at Cost: Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be used within 30 days. Good for One item only. Winner - New Member Lorraine Puzanskas.
The April Meeting has been Replaced by the 2021 Spring Tech. Session
at Legacy Automotive (See the Club Website for Details)
Date: Saturday, April 24, 2021:
Time: 9.30am to 4pm
Meeting adjourned at 1pm although groups hung around kicking tires and talking MGs and Club Stuff.
Sybil Bradley Bruce Sedelmeyer