Meeting Minutes | MG Classics of Jacksonville
January 29, 2022
Meeting Convened: 11am
Total Attendance: 23
Number of MGs: 13
New Members Present:
Vincent Castrovinci, Elizabeth Sutton, and Lucas
John & Mary Lou Hibben
Returning Members: Richard Bendetti
Guests: Cynthia Hamil
Location: The Meeting was held at Trout Creek Memorial Park and Marina to mitigate the potential for COVID Virus transmission. The weather started out cold: Thirty-seven Degrees when some members fired up their MG and started out with the top down with a cloudless Sky. By 11am the temperature warmed slightly and thirteen MG Owners arrived in their MG to display at the Park. Twenty-three Members and their Guests attended the Meeting. We had the option of abandoning the shade of the Pavilion and arranged our chairs in the warming sunshine.
2022 Club President called the Meeting to Order and remarked that so far in January the Club had welcomed six new members since the December Meeting:
Bill & Samantha Easter; John & Mary Lou Hibben ('47 TC); Richard and Janice Bendetti (71 MGB). Richard was a returning Member as he was a Club member in 2015: Chris Dougherty ('71 MGB); Gary & Marcia Fisher ('50 TD).
1. Information Update: Go to the MG Classics of Jacksonville Website Events Calendar and the Newsletter for current information updates. Name Badges, Club Patches*, and Club Car Badges may be purchased via the Website using your PayPal account, Credit Card, or a Personal Check. Note: We are unable to ship items so they must be picked up at a Club meeting or event. *New members are entitled to two free club patches with their membership.
2. Resource Directory: The Club Resource Directory continues to grow and should be reviewed when looking for assistance in keeping your MG on the road, reliable, and safe. We have added another Machine Shop that specializes in machining and rebuilding automobile engines.
1. 2022 Club Dues: For those who have not renewed their Club membership yet your club membership has officially expired on 12/31/21. Renewing is easy, there Is a link on the Home Page of the Website that’s quick and easy to fill out. We do not offer a Hard Copy Registration.
2. Drives and Shows Reports:
(a) (02/05/22) A number of members have registered to drive to Palatka Municipal Airport to attend the Annul Fly-in and Classic Car Display. There are no available Slots left for this event.
(b) (02/12/22) Caffeine & Octane at the Avenues Mall, if interested meet at Best Buy adjacent to the Mall at 7am so we can drive in and park together.
(c) (02/24 > 27/22) SVRA event at Sebring. A number of members will attend and one member will be racing his MGTF. See the Website Calendar for details.
(d) (03/05/22) Cars and Coffee at the Amelia Concours. This event is now full, however it is possible to see a parade of the Concours Cars at the main drag at Fernandina Historic Area at Friday lunch time. This is Free, just go to Downtown Fernandina and Park and watch the display.
(e) (04/02/22) The 37th All British Car Show in Sanford Florida. This is an excellent Show at Henry's Depot in Sanford. See the Website Calendar for details. We are looking to have a good showing of Club MGs.
(f) (04/22 > 24/22): GOF-South 2022 at the Mission Inn Reseort & Club, Howey in the Hills, FL. Go to the Club Website for details and Registration Details.
(g) (05/01/22) Rallye to visit local Civil War Sites, Quiz, and Lunch: Details to Follow on the Website Calendar.
(h) (06/19 > 23)/22) MG International 2022: To be held in Peterborough Ontario: See the Website Calendar for details.
3. British Car Classic 2022
It is MG Classics turn to Host this October Event, Sybil Bradley has volunteered to be Chair Person for the Event. Bruce Sedelmeyer has also volunteered to assist. More Volunteers required.
4. GOF 2023
Rich Gross looking for Volunteers for the GOF, he requires volunteers to help look for the venue for GOF-South 2023 in April 2023.
The Classic MG Club of Orlando is Hosting GOF-South 2022 at the Mission Inn Club and Spa in Howey-in-the-Hills, FL. The Hosting responsibility rotates between Orlando and MG Classics of Jacksonville each successive years. Hoisting is a major undertaking.
5. Club Newsletter, Our Newsletter Editor, Fred Groenert, is always looking for stories, articles, tech tips, etc. for our monthly Newsletter. If you have any articles of interest please contact Fred.
6. Raffle & 50/50:
50/50 Drawing: Richard Gross was the winner of the 50/50 cash pot of $25.
Part at Cost: Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be used within 30 days. Good for One item only. Winner - Ian Massey.
7. Date of the Next Meeting:
MG Classics of Jacksonville's February Club Meeting
Date: Saturday, February 26, 2022:
Trout Creek Memorial Park and Marina, St. Augustine
11 am until 1 pm
The Meeting adjourned at 1.30pm although groups hung around kicking tires and talking MG and Club Stuff.
James Ranieri Mark Spaulding