Meeting Minutes | MG Classics of Jacksonville
February 26, 2022
Meeting Convened: 11am
Total Attendance: 31
Number of MGs: 18
New Members Present: Alan Segal, Dave and Debby Crowe
Returning Members: Richard Johhny Kirby
Location: The Meeting was held at Trout Creek Memorial Park and Marina to mitigate the potential for COVID Virus transmission. The warm weather encouraged eighteen members to bring their MG to the event, the lineup of MGs attracted a number of visitors to the Park to cruise past in their vehicles and take photographs of or MGs.
1. Information Update: Go to the MG Classics of Jacksonville Website Events Calendar and the Newsletter for current information updates. Name Badges, Club Patches*, and Club Car Badges may be purchased via the Website using your PayPal account, Credit Card, or a Personal Check. Note: We are unable to ship items so they must be picked up at a Club meeting or event. *New members are entitled to two free club patches with their membership.
2. Resource Directory: The Club Resource Directory continues to grow and should be reviewed when looking for assistance in keeping your MG on the road, reliable, and safe. We have added another Machine Shop that specializes in machining and rebuilding automobile engines. Len Geiger is currently having his Windshield replaced in in his MGB. If the change is successful the company doing the work will be added to the Directory.
1. 1947 MGTC: John and Mary Lou Hibben arrived in their spectacular 1947 MGTC. The TC is a most welcome addition to the Club MG Roster.
2. 2022 Club Dues: For those who have not renewed their Club membership yet your club membership has officially expired on 12/31/21. Renewing is easy, there Is a link on the Home Page of the Website that’s quick and easy to fill out. We do not offer a Hard Copy Registration. Members
3. Drives and Shows Reports:
(a) (03/05/22) Cars and Coffee at the Amelia Concours. This event is now full, however it is possible to see a parade of the Concours Cars at the main drag at Fernandina Historic Area at Friday lunch time. This is Free, just go to Downtown Fernandina and Park and watch the display.
(b) (03/12/22) Caffeine & Octane at the Avenues Mall, if interested meet at Best Buy adjacent to the Mall at 7am so we can drive in and park together.
(c) (03/25 > 3/27/22) Military Vehicle Preservation Society Winter Rally in Green Cove Springs. There will be a Battle Reenactment on the Saturday and Sunday starting at 1pm. See the Club Website Calendar for Details. Note: We have brought our Club meeting forward to end at Noon to those interested in going can depart top arrive in Green Cove in time for the live firing from Tanks and Artillery.
Lilly Kinmonth sold Raffle Tickets for a new M1 Rifle at the meeting and the drawing will take place at the Military event.
(d) (04/02/22) The 37th All British Car Show in Sanford Florida. This is an excellent Show at Henry's Depot in Sanford. See the Website Calendar for details. We are looking to have a good showing of Club MGs.
(e) (04/09/22) The Club Spring Tech Session to be held at the Workshop facilities of Mark and Vanessa Albright. See the Club Website for Details and Registration.
(f) (04/16/22) FCCC Crusin' to the Creek Car Show at Trout Creek Memorial Park and Marina: See the Club Website Events Calendar for Details.
(g) (04/22 > 24/22): GOF-South 2022 at the Mission Inn Resort & Club, Howey in the Hills, FL. Go to the Club Website for details and Registration Details.
(h) (05/01/22) Revolution Rallye to visit local Civil War Sites, Quiz, and Lunch: Details to Follow on the Website Calendar.
(i) (05/14/22) MG Special Event at Caffeine and Octane: Go to the Club Website for details.
(j) (06/19 > 23/22) MG International 2022: To be held in Peterborough Ontario: See the Website Calendar for details.
(k) (09/15 > 09/18/2022) Southeast British Car Festival in Dillard, GA. See the Website Events Calendar for Details.
MG Classics Event Hosting Responsibilities (2022 and 2023).
4. The Annual British Classics Car Show: A Team has been formed to plan and organize the local Annual British Classics Car Show. The preliminary Schedule is October 2022.
5. GOF-South 2023. Richard Gross held a discussion about the Club Hosting GOF-South 2023. A group will be visiting potential sites during the months of March/April to identify a suitable location for the event.
6. Club Newsletter, Our Newsletter Editor, Fred Groenert, is always looking for stories, articles, tech tips, etc. for our monthly Newsletter. If you have any articles of interest please contact Fred.
7. Raffle & 50/50:
50/50 Drawing: Fred Groenert was the winner of the 50/50.
Part at Cost: Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be used within 30 days. Good for One item only. Winner - Fred Groenert
8. Date of the Next Meeting:
MG Classics of Jacksonville's March Club Meeting
Date: Saturday, March 26, 2022:
Trout Creek Memorial Park and Marina, St. Augustine
10 am until 12 pm
The Meeting adjourned at 1.30pm although groups hung around kicking tires and talking MG and Club Stuff.
James Ranieri Mark Spaulding