Club Meeting Minutes
MG Classics of Jacksonville
Meeting August 29, 2020
Meeting Convened: 10am
Total Attendance: 24
Number of MGs: 9
New Members: Jerry Smith
Guests: Nancy York
Location: The August Club meeting was held at Trout Creek Marina in the open air on Saturday, August 29. The open air meeting was held to mitigate the potential to transmit the COVID virus.
1. Cancelled Events: Numerous events have been cancelled due to COVID-19. These include Cars and Coffee at the Avenues Mall, the annual British Car Classic at King’s Head Pub, and GOF-South 2021 to be hosted by MG Classics The Website and Newsletter will be the means of updating the membership on events as they are either cancelled or scheduled.
1. Future Meetings: In an effort to establish a more normal routine, future club meetings will be held at Trout Creek Marina from 10am until no later than noon so we can avoid the afternoon heat. The manager of Trout Creek Marina visited our August meeting and requested that we formalized our relationship with the Marina owner to hold our monthly meetings in the pavilion area. The meeting approval process has now been officially formalized.
2. Articles & Stories: If you have any humorous MG predicament stories, mechanical or technical insights, fond MG memories, etc., please send them to Fred Groenert for inclusion in the newsletter. Kathy Gross congratulated Fred Groenert, our new Newsletter editor, on his excellent NLs' after taking over as Editor in January.
3.Show/Drive Opportunities: (More information and registration on the MG Classics website):
(a) Southeast British Car Festival at Dillard House in Georgia will still be held September 17-20, 2020
(b) The Ponte Vedra Auto Show is also being held November 15, 2020.
(c) Cars and Coffee at Amelia Concours: 15 MG Classics Members have submitted Registration forms; ten have been accepted and the last 5 to Register have been added to a Waiting list. There has been no notification why there is a waiting list but possibly as they may be looking for a reduced field if COVID remains a health threat in March 2021. The cost has increased to $50 this year but it is a quality event and a lot of fun.
(d) Cars and Coffee at the Classic Car Museum in St Augustine: 7 MG Classics members with 6 MG's attended the July Cars and Coffee event on the third Saturday in July. The St. Augustine Cars and Coffee is scheduled for the third Saturday of each month. See the Club Events Calendar for details.
(e) Cruisin' to the Creek: This popular annual Car Show has been canceled for 2020.
4. Club Events Co-ordinator: John Galeani has volunteered as the new Club Events Co-ordinator. Look out for Event Notifications in your eMail Inbox from John from 'Events Coordinator'. Add 'email@example.com' to your eMail 'White List' to be sure you receive Club event communications.
5. NAMGBR: Our Club President submitted the Club's vote for two NAMGBR officer positions for 2021. As there was only one candidate for each position, Terry Allen for Vice Chairman and Lee Ann Looft for Secretary. The MG Classics vote can be considered a vote of support for NAMGBR who have done an excellent job providing us with Event Insurance.
6. Club Regalia: Auto Badges are available for purchase on the Club Website for $30 each for members and $40 for non-members. Patches are $1 each.
7. Website: The Roster listing on the Website will be updated to include 'partners and family members'. The Membership registration and renewal form has been updated to allow members to include an optional field to add details of a family member, if they so wish. The website events calendar will only display events that are actively scheduled to take place. All canceled events have been removed.
8. Board Meeting: A meeting of the Club Board was convened after the official Club meeting to discuss the 2021 GOF-South.
9. Raffle & 50/50 Drawing:
(a) The 50/50 drawing was held with Ian Massey winning $26. Ian kindly donated winnings back to the club.
(b) Neil Nelson and Wayne Snook donated an “at cost” part from Moss Motors. Must be ordered within 30 days. Good for one part only not an entire order. Part must be ordered prior to the next meeting. Winner was Ian Massey.
The next Club meeting will be held September 26, 2020, at 10am. Location will be Trout Creek Marina.
Meeting adjourned at 11.25 am.
Sybil Bradley Bruce Sedelmeyer