Meeting Minutes | MG Classics of Jacksonville
April 24, 2021
This Event was the Spring Tech. Session and Short Club Meeting
Tech. Session Convened: 9.30am, Meeting at mid-Day
Total Attendance: 23
Number of MGs: 9 + 1 Triumph and 1 Jaguar
Returning Members: Milton Hartman, Now has a 1976 MGB
Guests: Robert Nobles
Location: The Spring Tech. Session and Club meeting was held at Legacy Automotive, Middleburg, Courtesy of Mark and Vanessa Albright. The spacious facility with four large vehicle entry doors was excellent to mitigate any potential for COVID virus transmission.
Lily Kinmonth's 1971 MGB GT: Work was carried to diagnose a clutch fluid leak on. New Slave Cylinder and flexible pipe required. In addition the car did displayed a rough Idle, gaskets required for Carb to make adjustments.
Mark Spaulding's 1970 MGB: Used one of the four Lifts to have an oil change and general inspection before his scheduled drive to MG International 2021 in New Jersey in June.
Jordan Kleinhans 1972 MGB: Checked and reset the Distributor advance setting to improve rough running and improve acceleration.
Generally kicked tires, peered under hoods, and socialized.
1. State Tax Filing Status: The President had visited with Mike Kazmierski to discuss the Club's Tax Filing Status. The Federal Filing is up-to-date but will require reneal on June 1, 2021. However, a decision was made not to file with the State as the filing cost and annual renewal fee was too high to be of any financial benefit that may have accrued.
2. Information Update: Go to the MG Classics of Jacksonville Website Events Calendar and the Newsletter for current information updates. Name Badges, Club Patches*, and Club Car Badges may be purchased via the Website using your PayPal account, Credit Card, or a Personal Check. Note: We are unable to ship items so they must be picked up at a Club meeting or event.* New members are entitled to 2 free club patches with their membership.
3. Resource Directory: The Club Resource Directory continues to grow. The Directory lists various organizations and people who may be able to help you keep your MG roadworthy. Any member who has the name of an organization or person who has done satisfactory work on their MG; please contact the Webmaster with the details so they may be added to the Directory.
4. Change to the Club By-Laws: The Motion put to the March Meeting to change the By-Laws from the requirement to hold Club meeting on the last Monday of each Month to provide a more flexible Meeting Schedule. Eighty-nine members eligible to vote were polled, sixty-two voted, sixty voted yes to the change with two voting no. Abstentions were not accounted for. The By-Laws have been amended and published reflecting the change.
5. Insurance: The Club's insurance to enable the use of Trout Creek Memorial Park for Club meetings has been renewed and is now valid until May 2022. Other meeting venues may require a different Insurance Certificate.
1. Club Meeting Locations: We continue to look for new venues to hold meetings with similar facilities to Trout Creek to provide a few alternatives to move meetings around to serve members living further afield. e request members to help with this search.
2. Motion: Richard Gross proposed a Motion for the Club to explore the possibility of organizing the traditional British Classic Car Show in the Fall of 2021. Earlier information indicated that the Triumph Club cancelled their option to hold hold the 2021 event. The Motion was seconded by Lily Kinmonth. A final check will be made with teh Triumph Club a to confirm if their cancelled status remains in effect.
3. Upcoming Events of Interest:
(a) St. Augustine Cruisers 11th Annual Car Show: Saturday, May 1 at the St. Augustine Classic Car Museum. Event Day registration only. A number of members have shown interest and a Shoutout will be sent to all members.
(b) Rev It Up! Car Show: The Clay County Cruisers Rev It Up! Car Show is scheduled for Saturday, May 15 at Fleming Island. This Show is sponsored by Legacy Automotive. A Shoutout will be sent to all Club members to solicit support. Let's have a good turnout of MGs!
(c) New Cars & Coffee Event: A new Cars & Coffee event has been setup for the 3rd Sunday of each month in Fleming Island. A Group of young High School students have taken the initiative to organize the event. Worth an early Sunday morning drive to kick a fee tires.
(d) Cars & Coffee at Amelia Concours: We have ten registered MG and five MGs on a waiting list for this event. Registered members will receive a notification during the first week in May with information about the assembly point for Club cars.
4. Club Newsletter: Fred Groenert, our Newsletter Editor is still seeking articles, stories, and other auto-centric information for the Newsletter. Please contact Fred with any appropriate information and photographs you may have to support the newsletter.
5. A Big Thanks! The President thanked Mark and Vanessa Albright for opening their Facility for the Tech. Session and Meeting.
6. Raffle & 50/50: The 50/50 and Part at Cost Raffle did not take place.
The May Meeting will be held at
Trout Creek Memorial Park and Marina
Date: Saturday, May 29, 2021:
Time: 11am to 1pm
Session adjourned at 2pm as the weather deteriorated with a threat of Rain.
Sybil Bradley Bruce Sedelmeyer